Sunday, December 9, 2007

Matsui wont stay with the yankees

Matsui said in a public appearence Saturday since the Yankees and Giants we negotiating about outfielders, and what Matsui didn't say might have been as revealing as what he did say.
Matsui, "I have not heard anything from the Yankees and my agent," Matsui told the paper, in remarks translated by one of its reporters. "I cannot comment about any reports or rumors. I am going to think about only when the team or my agent calls me.
"All I can do right now is to prepare for the next season. Especially I have to rehab for my right knee during this offseason."
It's up in the air which team started the talks. A Yankee official said the Giants approached them, but there are reports in Japan that the Yankees have shopped Matsui to the Giants and other teams, possibly the Indians and the White Sox.
The Yankees like the Giants' 6-2 lefty Jonathan Sanchez and also Lefty Noah Lowry's name has come up . All these discussions are only in the early stages. Matsui's agent, Arn Tellem, said the Yankees hadn't approached him to ask Matsui about waiving his no-trade clause. Tellem did not reply. Matsui, who had a .285 average, 25 homers and 103 RBI last season, is rehabbing from knee surgery and should be ready for spring training.

No comments: